Dialogues 2019: Artist Mentors & Their Students
Opens at Minnesota Street Project Saturday, March 9, 4:30-6:30pm;
continues through May 25, 2019, Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm.
Continuing its 50th anniversary season, the San Francisco Arts Education Project continues the exploration of the relationship between artist mentor and student artist in Dialogues 2019: Artist Mentors & Their Students. The exhibition will be the conversation of formal, material, or conceptual elements found in the work of both the older and the younger artists. The work of SFArtsED artist mentors will hang alongside work created by students in each artist’s residency in a San Francisco public school or in an SFArtsED after-school program. Who inspires whom? Is resonance reciprocal?
Participating SFArtsED Artist Mentors and Schools:
- Jeanette Au – Commodore Sloat
- Zoe Farmer – Junipero Serra & Miraloma Elementary
- Rayyaneh Karami – Guadalupe Elementary
- Danielle Kellstedt – YMCA’s Creation Station
- Rose Kelly – Gordon Lau Elementary
- Rachel Major – McKinley Elementary
- Laura Pacchini – Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy
- Jesus Zamarron – Hillcrest Elementary
Dialogues 2019 is on exhibit March 9, 2019 through May 25, 2019 in the San Francisco Arts Education Project’s art studio-classroom in Minnesota Street Project, 1275 Minnesota Street (@24th Street), San Francisco, second floor.
Opening reception is Saturday, March 9 from 4:30pm to 6:30pm.
Regular hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm. First Saturday hours on April 6 and May 4 are 4pm-8pm.