Dialogues 2020: Artist Mentors & Their Students
Opens at Minnesota Street Project Saturday, January 11, 1-4pm;
continues through February 29, 2020
Now in its 51st season, the San Francisco Arts Education Project continues to explore the relationship between artist mentor and student artist in Dialogues 2020: Artist Mentors & Their Students. The exhibition is a conversation of formal, material, or conceptual elements found in the work of both the older and the younger artists. The work of SFArtsED artist mentors hangs alongside work created by students in each artists’ residency in a San Francisco public school or in an SFArtsED after-school program. Who inspires whom? Is resonance reciprocal?
Participating SFArtsED Artist Mentors and Schools:
- Jeanette Au – Commodore Sloat (3rd & 5th Grade)
- Zoe Farmer – Guadalupe (2nd Grade), Miraloma (2nd Grade)
- Rachel Major – McKinley Elementary (4th & 5th Grades)
- Mallory McDaniel – Claire Lillienthal (6th, 7th, 8th Grades)
- Laura Pacchini – Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy (2nd Grade)
- Jesus Zamarron – Hillcrest (3rd Grade), Glen Park After-School Program (4th & 5th Grades)
Dialogues 2020 is on exhibit January 11 through February 29, 2020 in the San Francisco Arts Education Project’s art studio-classroom in Minnesota Street Project, 1275 Minnesota Street (@ 24th Street.
The opening reception is from 1-4pm on Saturday, January 11.
Regular hours are Tuesday-Saturday 11am-4pm.
First Saturday hours on January 11 and February 1 are 11am to 8pm.